Saturday, September 5, 2009

Loon slaughters Imogen Heap song



Imogen Heap is an amazing musical artist. She just released a new album entitled "Eclipse". In 2005 Imogen released her album Speak For Yourself which features the song "Hide and Seek."


Imogen Heap sings Hide and Seek live on the former indie radio station 103.1

Just recently on the radio I heard a rap song with a remixed excerpt from Hide and Seek.




Loon feat. Wyclef Jean & Christopher - "What you say"

I have no idea who Loon is but he samples Imogen Heap's song. In my opinion he slaughters the song. I haven't found an information that discloses why Imogen Heap permitted Loon to borrow from her but I can only imagine it is to expose her music to a broader audience.

2 comments:

  1. this is called illegal sampling. Hence Rnb is the most un-inspiring music ever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think R & B is uninspiring. I think a lot of today's "hip hop"..more so the music that is played on MTV and on the radio is.

    Is it illegal sampling though? I am actually assuming Imogen Heap gave permission...which is unfortunate in my mind.

    Thanks for the feedback!

    ReplyDelete