Friday, September 18, 2009

Vulva Love Lovely

I love Hello Kitty and was on a favored site called Kitty Hell. Today's post included a product from Vulva Love Lovely.

Vulva Love Lovely sent Kitty Hell a photo of one of her creations. A Hello Kitty themed plush uterus!

I'm afraid that to some of my fellow feminists will think this appears to be just another brand of pop-feminism. A way to make something cool that doesn't need to be made cool? I see it it as something that is silly, creative and fun. I find it to be lighthearted as it can be a way to embrace oneself without taking oneself too seriously.

However, I am sure there are also many anti-feminists who find this to be some passive aggressive form of man hating...just like the Vagina Monologues and other forums and artistic outlets that allow women to express themselves and unite.

How about we all relax a little?

On with the fun!


Hello Kitty Uterus

Sure, it's just a uterus with a bow. But I think it's a cute and silly idea. Gotta love it.

VLL has other uterus plushes that have quite a bit of character.


Superhero Uterus


Frida Kahlo Uterus


Super Nerd Uterus


Devil Uterus

But that's not all folks. On the etsy site you can find vulva pillows...



And mugs!



Vulva mugs! I bought this one!

Jewelry too!


Butterfly Vulva Necklace


Vagina Dentata Necklace

Ok...all I gotta say is this one plain scares me. I can't say I'm a fan of this one. Reminds me of a foreign film I refused to see entitled Teeth. That's all I'm going to say.


Amy In Pink

Head over to Vulva Love Lovely to see more products.

No comments:

Post a Comment