Saturday, September 26, 2009

What's my coffee name?

This morning as I walked into a Starbucks I suddenly remembered a Will & Grace episode where Will asks Grace why the name "Patrice" is on the side of her coffee cup. She tells Will that that is her "coffee name".


(source)

So as I ordered my venti Cinnamon Dolce Latte (and I forgot to ask for decaf! drat!) I thought, how fun it might be to actually try this out. I thought of this too late, but next time I just might try it.

Has anyone ever said to you....you like this name, or that name? Usually people think a "Charles" or a "Melissa" has a certain appearance. This is usually based off of someone else they know with that name.

I think particularly in my elementary years I thought of what name I would have given myself. Although, I personally do not wish to have children, I have thought about what names I would give if I had them.

So, next time I order coffee I might try out names like, "Story", "Ever", "Morning", "Collette", or "Riley."

Or perhaps I'll try really cool "old lady" names like "Beatrice" or "Gertrude".

I think it'd be a fun way of playing "let's pretend." To walk out of the coffee shop with a different name written on the side of the coffee cup.

I searched on youtube and google video for the Will & Grace scene where Grace explains her coffee name but I couldn't find it. Instead I found one of "Jack's" (Sean Hayes) greatest moments on the show where he is hopped up on caffeinated coffee. It's only 45 seconds long and worth it! Enjoy!


Will & Grace: "Coffee and Commitment"

No comments:

Post a Comment