Monday, July 6, 2009

Sprinkles


(paperworkfashion.wordpress.com)
Sprinkles Cupcakes

Is it odd that I'm posting about cupcakes I don't particularly like? Probably. I've never actually been to the Sprinkles Boutique in Los Angeles but some people have brought me cupcakes from the shop in the past. Many people rave about these little cakes but I wasn't particularly impressed. Not only that they cost $3.25 each! Insane! I visited the website today and there are many more flavors than I was aware of. I'm now curious to try them again. I don't know if I'd like them much better today but the last time I tried one was 2005.

Back then my aunt and uncle visited the shop to see what the fuss was about. Apparently my uncle met Cameron Diaz who said she liked his hair. I thought that was a riot. My uncle has curly gray hair and it borders on a fro. It rocks! I don't think he knows it though.

Anyhoot. According to their website, Sprinkles cupcakes come the flavors of, Banana, Black and White, Carrot, Chai Latte, Chocolate Coconut, Chocolate Marshmallow, Cinnamon Sugar, Coconut, Dark Chocolate, Ginger Lemon, Lemon, Lemon Coconut, Milk Chocolate, Mocha, Orange, Peanut Butter Chip, Peanut Butter Chocolate, Pumpkin, Red Velvet, Strawberry, Vanilla, and Vanilla Milk Chocolate.

The company even sells "All Natural Doggie Cupcakes" made of unbleached flour, eggs, honey, vanilla and yogurt for frosting. Each costs $2.50.

They sell several gift items including t-shirts. I wonder if anyone actually buys the shirts. They are plain and simple and cost way too much. $40 for a red shirt that says "Red Velvet" across the chest and the Sprinkles logo on the sleeve cuff. The shirts come in other "flavors." Equally boring in my opinion and equally overpriced.

If you're at all curious visit sprinkles.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment