Sunday, August 9, 2009

Novi Split


(canyouseethesunset.com)
David Jerkovich of Novi Split

Ok, people I've decided that I need to start posting more about local and independent music. Why? Well, lately I have found that I am rushing out the door and forgetting to bring cds to listen to. I've even started placing cds by the door so I'll remember to take an album with me. But what happens? All too often as I am buzzing around frantically looking for my keys and making a mad dash for the door, I end up missing it. Roarr. What happens then is I am left with the radio. I could just leave it off and sometimes I do. Sometimes I'll listen to NPR (national public radio) but sometimes I feel I really need some music and I search for some acceptable song to keep me going.

There's really not a lot out there for me in the land of generic and repetitive radio. Every channel surf I am met with "panic switch" by Silversun Pickups or "boom boom pow" by the Black Eyed Peas. *Whimper! Whimper! *

So, anyhoot..

Here is the beginning of my attempt to expose you all to the hard working bands that may not have made it to your airwaves...yet..

David Jerkovich is from my home town San Pedro, California. In fact we attended the same high school. While the two of us were never pals I will say I enjoyed his music projects back then and I am glad to see that he is still doing music.

David and his fellow contributors offer us indie pop
(although I have no idea how they would describe their own music) that is filled with emotion and yearning. David has a smooth and eased voice that makes you want to know what he's thinking when he sings.

In addition to his own music he has covered some other independent and not so independent musicians. On his latest self titled Ep he covers friend and fellow musician Daniel Hearn and on his Lp Pink In The Sink performs a great cover of Beyonce's "Crazy In Love."

For more information head over to..
Http://www.Novisplit.com
From A Joke To A Lifestyle - Http://novisplit.blogspot.com
Http://www.facebook.com/novisplit
Http://www.myspace.com/novisplit
Http://www.twitter.com/novisplit


You Got Served - Novi Split

"and i'm glad that you got older and i'm glad you learned some things. and when I fall in dept because of things you said would you carry me?"

No comments:

Post a Comment