Saturday, October 10, 2009

Marge Simpson to be in Playboy? Nooooooooooooo!

Is nothing sacred anymore? Geez. Here is another say it ain't so moment. I have no idea why Matt Groening made this decision but apparently Marge Simpson will be on the cover of the November issue of Playboy.

2009 marks the 20th anniversary of the Simpsons and this is apparently how Mr. Groening wants to celebrate.



What happend to our loveable Marge? I was listening to the radio this morning where I heard djs jokingly asking..."Will we find out if the carpet matches the drapes?"

Perhaps I shouldn't be surprised that Matt Groening would go this far.



Remember when Marge got a boob job?

Marge went in for a little nip and tuck (which is tragic in itself) but was accidentally given breast implants. In the 2002 episode Marge is initially self-conscious and wants the implants removed. Eventually she finds herself enjoying the attention.

I love the Simpsons and I don't think that love will die. However, when I saw this I thought oh man...why Groening why?

According the a news article from BBC it is not yet known how much of Marge will be on shown inside the issue, but "it's very, very racy," said editorial director James Jellinek.

You know, I actually thought Marge Simpson would be a cool chick to dress up as for Halloween one of these years.

When I was looking up images for this blog post I came across an online wig shop that sells the Marge Simpson hair wig.


(source)

But even in this photo Marge is made out to be a sex symbol. Since when is Marge supposed to so explicit? You're a mother Marge how could you?

In all seriousness, I am just disappointed in Matt Groening's choice. Apparently even his beloved cartoon will not escape the hands of sexism. He has no problem selling Marge's cartoon body.

No comments:

Post a Comment