Thursday, October 1, 2009

Here's to sugar skulls!


(source)
Sugar Skulls Candy

All though I do not celebrate Dia De Los Muertos aka Day of the Dead, I do love the creativity and art that comes along with it.

It is now October and Dia De Los Muertos will soon be here. In preparation I've selected some images to post.

I just discovered a blogsite by Illustrated Ink called Tattoo Tales. The majority of this woman's art is inspired by Dia De Lose Muertos. Take a look for yourself!


Love & Hate Candle Holders by Illustrated Ink


Honey bees & Wild Flower Sugar Skull Candle Holder by
Illustrated Ink


Sugar Skull Mask by Illustrated Ink


Old fashioned candy jars painted by Illustrated Ink


Sugar Skull Mask by Illustrated Ink

How did she know that I love sugar skulls and I love cupcakes?

***

At some point I thought I might get a sugar skull tattoo on my arm. However, I have yet to find a design that is quite up to par. Here's some inspiration though.


(source)


(source)


(source)
Hello Kitty Calavera (Sugar Skull)!



(source)

***

I found a site that sells Sugar Skull themed items. Check em' out!


Sugar Skull Purses by MexicanSugarSkull.com
I bought the purple one! Now, I'm thinking about getting the green too!


Skull boxes by MexicanSugarSkulls.com
Ok these aren't Sugar Skulls but they are still pretty cool

2 comments:

  1. hello,
    My name is Michele and I am a sugar skull artist. I just started a little business and would love for you, a sugar skull fan to check it out and tell me what you think!
    www.TheSugarSkullGallery.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Michele

    Thank you for stopping by! I love your sugar skulls and will post something about them on my blog soon.

    Thanks for sharing your talents!

    ReplyDelete