Sunday, August 2, 2009

Banksy does it again



First I'd like to give a warm wink and nod to Jinxi from Jinxiboo.com. It was her post that informed me of Banksy's new Summer art exhibit.

I've posted about graffiti artist Banksy in the past. I must say he is one of my favorites and I am quite happy to promote his work.

This coming Summer Banksy has put approximaetly 100 pieces of his art on display at Bristol's Museum and Art Gallery. Often when Banksy decides to put his pieces into a museum he does it without permission. This time it's different.

Banksy likes to keep a low profile and does not show his face to the public. In fact according to Entertainment.timesonline.co.uk, the administrators at the museum did not coordinate the arrangements through Banksy, but rather his agents. Banksy has said that he keeps his anonimity for legal reasons. While this seems like a sly statement it may be truth as he often places his art in forbidden places. Banksy's art is often socio-political. He not only criticizes U.K. politics but U.S. and other world issues.

In the press release accompanying the exhibition, he said: “Maybe one day graffiti art will hang in lots of museums and be viewed in the same way as other modern art, although personally I hope it never sinks that low.”










When entering the Banksy exhibit on lookers are greeted with a burned ice cream truck. I must say I love this piece.
















In case you couldn't tell these are chicken nuggets












Banksy art exhibit at the Bristol Museum and Art Gallery

No comments:

Post a Comment